Online Research: Activities
Activities for all ages
- Activity Pages: Nearly 300 print out paper activities - puzzles, books, mazes, coloring pages, cards, games.
- Anagrams: If you mix up the letters in "garbage man" you get "bag manager" -- mix up the letters in your name and see what wacky phrases it makes!
- Animal Cams: Watch live action of all kinds of animals -- ants, bears, birds, fish, pandas, wolves, sharks - even bacteria!
- Best Paper Airplane: Build the best paper airplane in the world and learn how to fly it.
- Compose a Picture: Learn composition and create a landscape painting or explore the basics of color and design.
- Creating Music: Create music, play musical games.
- DoHistory: Can you decipher this old diary from a 19th century midwife?
- Draw a Picture: Draw a picture on the online drawing pad. Check out the gallery of pictures drawn by others. Black and white.
- Draw a Picture : Draw a picture -- but you may share the drawing pad with others. In color.
- Free Paper Toys: From simple paper dolls to military vehicles.
- Games Kids Play: Forgot the rules for Spud or other playground games? Can't remember all of the verses of "Found a Peanut"? Here is a list of various games and their rules or rhymes.
- JigZone: Daily online jigsaw puzzles.
- Magic Show: Become part of an online magic show. Can the magician REALLY tell you which object you will whisper to your computer screen?
- Make an Award: Create an award for a special kid for everything from bravery to having a clean desk. Print or email.
- Mind Reader: Can a website really read your mind? Pick a two-digit number, follow the directions and see for yourself.
- Mr. Potato Head: Play online - also online paper dolls.
- NY Times Crossword Puzzle and Games: It the classic crossword puzzle -- a new one every week.
- Puzzles: CRPuzzles - Daily puzzles - logic problems, criss cross, cryptograms, memory match, picture scramble, word search, crossword.
- Read a Cartoon: Laugh - it's good for you! Tons of cartoons from the pages of many newspapers.
- Roller Coaster: Set the height of the hills, the speed and mass of the coaster. Does your roller coaster make it through the loop?
- SodaPlay: What is SodaPlay?- it's hard to describe. It's a springy online robot made from "muscles" and "masses". At any rate, it's great fun and VERY challenging. Can you create a model that will move? What happens if you take gravity away?
- Spirograph: Change the sliding bars and create new spirograph patterns.
- String Figures: All you need is a piece of string to do string figures. This site shows you how.
- Virtual Poetry: Magnetic poetry - but at this site you can make new word magnets.
Top of page