Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- The Library now accepts donations via PayPal. Use your credit card or PayPal balance to donate to the library.
- The 2015 Raffle is underway. We have 50 items ready for you to look at and bid on with your tickets! We have something to interest everyone. Buy your tickets at the front desk through December 5 at Noon, when we draw the winning tickets! Tickets are $5 for a sheet of 25... or $20 for five sheets (125 tickets).
- Our Fall Fundraiser is underway! We have had a lot going on this year with our 50th anniversary and we would like to continue more programs in 2016. Please consider a gift of one dollar for each year we have been helping residents of Whitehall and surrounding areas. Any contribution would be appreciated and is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Toys for Tots: The library will again serve as a collection point in support of the Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program. The library will accept new, unwrapped gifts for the Marines until December 15. See this flyer for additional information.
- The library recently digitized the Whitehall High School Yearbook from 1922 - 2014. We are able to provide copies on DVDs that can be displayed on a computer. Complete an order form and payment to receive your copy! Order forms are available at the front desk, the library will call when the copy is ready!
- Whitehall Township Public Library will be collecting non-perishables can/box food products. All items collected will be given to the Whitehall food pantry. Items may be dropped off during regular library hours.
- This summer concluded the 2015 Summer Reading program, but that doesn't mean you should stop reading! Our program participants completed many books and the community provided support.
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- Staff Holiday Party: Friday, December 4, Library closes 1 hour early @ 5:00 p.m.
- Holiday Card Making: Tuesday, December 8 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Family Story Time with Craft
- Wednesday, December 2 @ 1:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9 @ 1:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 16 @ 1:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffourtissimo - Holiday & Anniversary party: Thursday, December 3 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Holiday Pictures with Santa: December 5 @ 11:00 a.m.
- Movie Night @ your library: Tuesday, December 15 @ 6:15 p.m. - The Seventh Dwarf
- Christmas Eve: Library Closed
- Christmas Day: Library Closed
- Saturday, December 26: Library Closed
- New Years Eve: Library Closes @ 1:00 p.m.
- New Years Day: Library Closed
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- If you are looking for eAudio books, using OneClickDigital just got easier with the launch of a new App. Just search for "OneClickDigital" in the App store and select install. You'll need your username and password the first time you log in!
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
Our late Board President loved music. He was active in many musical endeavors in the area, including serving on Boards of Directors of local non-profit groups (in addition to the library).
Throughout 2015 Whitehall Township Public Library will run a series of musical program dedicated to the memory of our late Board President, George Schermerhorn.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2014 /15 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blu-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.