Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- National Library Week is celebrated from April 14 - April 19! Come to your library and checkout a book, borrow a DVD, hear a storytime, listen to Mark Twain (Charles Kiernan), or participate in the scheduled activities and giveaways.
- Tax forms are available online (refer to this guide) that can be printed from home or in the library. As the library receives the federal & PA forms, they will placed by the picture window, next to the library entrance.
- Adult Spring Reading
(1:00 - 2:00 p.m.)
- May 6: "Behind the Beautiful Forevers" by Katherine Boo
- April 12 (9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Indoor yard sale
- April 14 (6:30 p.m.): Mark Twain visits the library!
- April 21 (6:30 p.m.): 3rd Monday Open Mic Night.
- April 22 (6:00 p.m.): Family Movie Night
- May 7 (6:30 p.m.): Author John Evans of the Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group discusses writing for publishing.
- May 19 (2:00 p.m.): Downsize and De-clutter with Susan Eberman.
- May 19 (6:30 p.m.): 3rd Monday Open Mic Night.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2013/14 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the library's community room!
- The library provides Overdrive eBooks and eAudioBooks to Whitehall Township patrons. This service provides downloadable eBooks and eAudioBooks for a variety of devices including Nook & Kindle.
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blue-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.
- Affordable Care Act ("ObamaCare") information:
- Pennsylvania passed a new "VoterID" law.
- Washington Post reports the Voter ID law will not be enforced in the November 2013 election. Morning Call reports the decision applies even if the law is found constitutional.
- This useful site provides information on frequently asked questions and information about the new voting law.