Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- Summer Reading is coming soon. Watch our website, FaceBook, and Twitter for updates on the programs!
- We are selling Whitehall Township Public Library Winter Reading Program Cookbook from our 2016 program. Patrons who gave us recipes may purchase a copy for $5.00 and all others, the cost will be $8.00. This paperback booklet is 67 pages of wonderful recipes for snacks, beverages, soups, salads, breads, side-dishes, desserts, etc. It was created by participants in last year’s Winter Reading Program - "READ AND FEED" (2016), and on sale as long as supplies last. (See front desk for details or call the library.)
Thank you to all who help make this fun cookbook possible!
- Please complete this online survey as soon as possible so that we can better serve you. Thank you; we value your comments.
- Whitehall Township Public Library patrons now have access to Rosetta Stone!
- The IRS continues to make changes to how forms are distributed. For coming changes and forms - see the IRS's Get Ready website. The libary also maintains a LibGuide with links to tax documents (be sure to look at the tax year on the document). Tax Day: Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
- SNACK PACK PALS: WTPL will help collect items this year for the Whitehall Coplay School District students to be used in the Snack Pack Pal. The Packs of food are gathered and packed for kids who are in the most need of nutritious foods to alleviate severe hunger needs during long weekends when free breakfast and lunch are not available at the school. This year the school is serving 80 kids total in K-8th grade, though there is a need for 80 kids in each grade level. If you would like to make a food donation, please see the list below and drop off donations during regular library hours. Items needed: shelf-stable milk boxes, macaroni and cheese (boxes & individual packets), Chef Boyardee (cans & microwavable bowls), small boxes of cold cereal, fruit cups, applesauce cups, juice boxes/pouches, fruit snacks, packs of cheese/ peanut butter crackers, graham crackers, granola bars, and gallon type zip lock bags.
- The library keeps a picture history online - using SmugMug. To look at our photos, just click here to access the SmugMug site.
- The library maintains a wish list, for needed supplies. Please take a look and consider helping us with a donation!
- The AARP provides "Taxaide" as a free tax preparation service for simple returns. The Lehigh Valley Taxaide office is currently looking for volunteers to train in preparation of income taxes under this program in early 2017. Interested individuals can find details at the Taxaide website.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2016/17 fiscal year.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the library's community room!
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam @ 6:30 p.m. : [May 15: January Noon] & Thank you to Rocking the Valley Online Radio - broadcasting live from the library!: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Third Tuesday Movie Night @ 6:15 p.m. : [May 16: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them] [June 20: Rogue One]: Come to the library to watch a movie!
- Fourth Tuesday Adult Coloring Club @ 11:00 a.m. : [May 23]: Anyone 18 years old and older is welcome to join us every 4th Tuesday of the month for our Adult Coloring Club. The library has some supplies but invites you to bring your own as well.
- Fourth Wednesday Adult Coloring Club @ 6:00 p.m. : [April 26] [May 24]
- "What are you reading now?" Club will meet on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. [May 23]: Patrons are invited to chat about whatever books they are reading at the moment - the ones you loved, the ones you hated, and everything in between.
- Did you know the library has MP3 Recorded Books? While these books are on CD media, they require a "mp3 compatible" CD player to play, or can be copied through a computer to an MP3 player. This collection can fit an entire novel on 1 disk! That means - no more changing disks on the highway! Cars.com reports: "Nearly all cars from this century with CD players have MP3 compatibility." Not sure if your CD player is able to play these? Check out an MP3 audiobook, and try to play it! The library has a collection of MP3 disks, and Overdrive has MP3 audiobooks available for download, as well.
- The Library now accepts donations via PayPal. Use your credit card or PayPal balance to donate to the library.
- The library digitized the Whitehall High School Yearbook from 1922 - 2016. We are able to provide copies on DVDs that can be displayed on a computer. Complete an order form and payment to receive your copy! Order forms are available at the front desk, the library will call when the copy is ready!
- Whitehall Township Public Library will be collecting non-perishables can / box food products. All items collected will be given to the Whitehall food pantry. Items may be dropped off during regular library hours.
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- Yard Sale: Friday, April 28, 2017 @ 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Yard Sale: Saturday, April 29, 2017 @ 9:30 a.m. 2:00 p.m.
- Author Talk: Thursday, May 25 @ 6:30 p.m.: Kate Brandes: The Promise of Pierson Orchard
- Library Closed (Memorial Day): Monday, May 29
- Bag Making Craft: Thursday, June 15 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Birds of Prey: Tuesday, July 25 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
Regular Monthly Programming